Most offices are cleaned after business hours, when staff and customers are gone. Giving your office keys and security codes to a cleaning company is nerve-wracking. Here are five steps you can take to help ensure your belongings and data are secure:
1. Ask what measures the cleaning company takes to ensure the safety and security of your facility.
2. Expect thorough background checks of each cleaner including criminal histories, citizenship and immigration records.
3. Cleaners should be supervised and regularly monitored.
4. Ask to meet your cleaners.
5. Ask the cleaning company to notify you when a cleaner change occurs in your office.
Establishing trust between you, your staff and the cleaning company will ensure your office safety and security.